Dates & Times (US/Eastern)
- Fri, Jan 18, 2019 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Sat, Jan 19, 2019 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Terms & Conditions
CASH or CHECK ONLY
Enter at your own risk. Finders Keepers is not liable for any injuries of any kind.
Entry will be limited to small groups. First in line first in the door. No numbers or sign up sheets.
There will be no help for loading. Please bring help to load. Finders Keepers will not be responsible for any sold items left in the house.
Please be aware that there is no electricity or running water in the house. The structure is in disrepair and certain areas will be closed off. There is mold and mildew present and as a precaution masks will be available. Please bring a flashlight for easier inspection.
Historic Hopewell Estate Sale. This is an emergency sale and is a once in a lifetime event. Historic Mitchell's Plantation home site with 1930's house erected from remnants of the original structure is being liquidated. Family member is a descendant of Pocahontas and John Randolph. Estate is filled with historic and important items including the largest fragment known in the U.S. of an original 17th century olive oil vessel once used at Mitchell's and the Empire secretary once owned by 19th c. Govenor of VA (more info to come).
This estate is filled with many historic Virginia items. Please view the teaser list for just a few of the wonderful treasures to be sold.
Please be aware that there is no electricity or running water in the house. The structure is in disrepair and certain areas will be closed off. There is mold and mildew present and as a precaution please bring masks. Please bring a flashlight for easier inspection.
- All Millwork including Period 6 Panel Doors and Rims Locks, original Mitchell's Mantels. (Not all millwork from Mitchell's but are from several historic family houses no longer standing including Hillfork, Mathews, VA and family seat in Gloucester, VA)
- 17th Century Italian Olive Oil Vessel original to Mitchell's Plantation. This is said to be the largest known fragment of this type of vessel found in the U.S. from the Colonial era. Verified by Colonial Williamsburg & Mt Vernon. Vessels on display at these two sites where purchased in Italy in the 20th century for display.
- 1830-40 Empire Blind Door Secretary passed down through the family.
- Mahogany Empire Sideboard
- Large Early 19th Century Pine Corner Cabinet. Originally built for Hillfork, Mathews County, VA
- Mahogany Ball & Claw Round Dining Table
- Set 6 Chippendale Dining Chairs
- Antique Hepplewhite China Cabinet
- Primitive Doll House made just after the Civil War
- Syracuse China-Honeysuckle-Apple Blossom-Gardenia
- 19th C. Canopy Bed
- 2 19th c. Mahogany Chest of Drawers
- RARE Matched Pair of Mahogany Game Tables
- English Regency Shaving Mirror
- Mahogany Block Front Desk
- Mahogany Block Front Highboy
- Queen Tepurpedic Mattress
- Antique Captain's Desk from Ancestor's Ship once dock at the plantation
- Antique Ship's Door from Ancestor's Ship (with trestle base)
- Fine Persian Rugs and others
- Buddhist Prayer Shelf/Shrine
- Antique Chinese Marble Top Altar Table
- Gene Dolls
- Barbies Dolls & Figurines
- Custom Doll House & Accessories
- Disney Figurines
- So much more!!!
The sale you are looking at occurred in the past. Try browsing other sales near Hopewell, VA
- Estate sale photos
- Photos 1 - 13 of 13 photos