CASH, ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS. 12% BUYERS PREMIUM. LEFT BIDS ARE WELCOMED (EMAIL ME FOR A LEFT BID FORM). NO PHONE BIDS - NO INTERNET BIDDING - NO RESERVE PRICES.
SUPER PUBLIC AUCTION SALE
~~~GREAT DEALS ON GREAT MERCHANDISE~~~
SATURDAY - JUNE 17th - 10:00 AM
THE ENTIRE GALLERY IS ABSOLUTELY LOADED
You need it? We got it! Looking for furniture..we have it for every room in the house..quality, clean and useful..don't buy new until you stop by the gallery.
- stamps from an old collection, covers, lots of sheets, EARLY STUFF, foreign stamps, looks like some VERY interesting stuff here!
sold in good lots - great discovery here.
- COINS, US silver dollars and other silver, good currency, important wheat and Indian pennies, super selection
- Jewelry, GOOD GOLD & SILVER PIECES! - rings, brooches, early Native American turquoise, lockets, antique pieces,much to go through...great lots!
- BOY SCOUT - trunk full of old scouting stuff 1930's - 1950's...patches, pins, photos, LOTS OF NEAT STUFF!
AN INTERESTING NOTE ABOUT THIS BOY SCOUT STUFF. -> -> -> -> All of this was from the same trunk. The rare OA sashes belonged to Emerson James, who on October 24th 1936 became the FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN VIGIL HONOR MEMBER of the Boy Scouts! Here is an excerpt from the history of the OA...
Emerson James Becomes earliest known African American Vigil Honor Member; Netami - The First
On October 24###sup/sup### and 25###sup/sup###, 1936 the Owasippe Lodge held a Fellowship Conference. The conference is remarkable for two things. The first was that Owasippe invited other lodges to attend their fellowship. Ay-Ashe Lodge from Manitowoc, Wisconsin and Tomkita Chara Lodge from Wausau, Wisconsin attended. Later, after National Chief Joseph Brinton read of the Fellowship Conference he was eager to share the concept of multi-lodge events in the National Bulletin.
The second noteworthy event of the Fellowship weekend was Emerson James was elected and kept his Vigil the night of October 24 through the morning of October 25th. In so keeping, Emerson James became the earliest known and presumptively the first African American Vigil Honor member. Emerson James had served as Camp Director at Camp Belnap and continued in that capacity for a number years following his Vigil Honor. He had been a leader in the formation of Takodah Chapter of Owasippe Lodge, the earliest known segregated chapter. James, along with Dr. Benson and H. Isbell had been the first known African American Arrowmen to take the Brotherhood Degree. In the year where African American Jesse Owens had broken barriers in Berlin, Germany winning four gold medals, Emerson James had broken a barrier in the Order by meriting the OA’s highest honor. The OA was ahead of the curve, Major League Baseball would not integrate for another 11 years and the Civil Rights and Voting rights Acts were still more than a quarter century off. The significance was not lost on those that elected James. They chose the Vigil Name Netami, ‘The First’.
I will include some of the more important items with the sash, including photographs of Mr. James to keep it a complete, documented grouping. Thanks for your interest! Keep viewing for updates.
- Vintage tin toys
- American Flyer trains
- Vintage clothing including a super 1950's leather motorcycle jacket
- Early Native American pottery bowl
- BOXES AND BOXES FULL OF GLASSWARE, POTTERY, HOUSEWARES - YOU NAME IT!
- vintage Art Deco push scooter
- Elvis collection!
- Antique clocks
- LOADS OF DISCOVERY ART - old oil paintings, prints etc.
- WW2 NAZI belt buckles, US flight wings
- WATCHES - quality vintage men's wristwatches, antique pocket watches
ANTIQUE ADVERTISING - Planters Peanut jars and related advertising - tobacco tins and metal signs, Phillip Morris theatre cigarette tray, lighters, full size stand up Mr. Peanut. Winchester wooden ammunition boxes
- Subway stop lights ( Yankee & Shea Stadiums) - full size stop light
- lamps & lighting
- Farmall toy tractor & implements
- couches, dressers, mirrors, display cabinets, tables, chairs, desks....
ANTIQUE OAK FURNITURE!!!
- TWO VINTAGE SNOWMOBILES - AMAZING CONDITION - DETAILS SOON!
- TOOLS BY THE BOX FULL!!!
WE HAVE TWO MORE HOUSES TO EMPTY....THIS WILL BE A BIG SALE - PLAN TO ATTEND!!
KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR MANY MANY MORE PHOTOS RIGHT UP TO AUCTION DAY! WE HAVE SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE!