The owner of this beautiful Alpine home is a serious collector of beautiful things, who has frequented auctions and antique shops the world over for the past two decades and obtained art and collectibles of extremely high quality. He is moving and does not wish to take these items to his new home, and is only using this method to sell them because he does not wish to take the time to auction his items one by one. These items are highly valuable collectors' pieces with provenance to prove their origins.
For Saturday, the third and final day of this spectacular sale, we are authorized to offer deep discounts on many items, and even on the most precious valuables, any reasonable offer will be considered. Speak to a friendly Pink Dog staff person for details.
Note: Many items were purchased simultaneously from the estate of famed antique dealer Rochelle Sepenuk and can be traced to her Sotheby's auctions; other items from her estate that did not qualify for the auctions were dug out of her basement and have been sitting packed up in this house for years, untouched, including old advertising and trade stimulators, housewares, decorative items, architectural salvage and much more, now available for you to purchase and enjoy.
Of course we have furniture for living room, family room, patio, a beautiful girl's Cinderella princess bed with Schiffman mattress, a boy's Pirates of the Caribbean bed with Schiffman mattress, a number of tables, chairs, lamps and other furniture throughout the house. There is a children's playroom packed with modern toys, clothes and children's furnishings.
But here are the main reasons for coming to this fabulous sale!
1. Jean-Michel Basquiat “Subway Rider” charcoal drawing gifted 1978 to Shannon Dawson (his high school friend at City as School); thence from Dawson to Mary Beth O’Hara Dawson via divorce settlement; sold by Mary Beth O’Hara to current owner who has notarized letters of verification and photos of key principals in provenance trail.
2. Floral painting on board by A.V. Shevchenko 1912. Signed “AW/12” Estate of Giovanni and Dagmar Migliuolo, NYC. Giovanni Migliuolo is the former Italian Ambassador to the United Nations, USSR and Egypt.
3. 19###sup/sup### Century silk gold Chinese dragon robe in heavy frame. 64.5” X 52.5”.
4. John Fredrick Kensett Oil on Canvas. Artist signature “JFK” lower right as well as in red in lower left. Signature can be seen under light. Back also says John Frederick Kensett. Measures 20” 16” out of frame, 28” X 24” framed.
5. Chinese white ceramic vessel. Possibly ancient 14 ½”.
6. Henry Toulouse-Lautrec print “Galerie ’65 Cannes”/ “Gravures Rares de Grands Maitres” 28”X22”.
7. Greek Apulian Red-Figure Hydria Ex-Sotheby’s.4###sup/sup### century BCE. 5”W X 7”H. Ex-Collection of James Farmer, Maryland. Sotheby’s New York Sale 226 Lot 3.
8. Greek Attic Black Figure Lekythose- Horse & Rider. Late 6###sup/sup### to early 5###sup/sup### century BCE. 2” in diameter X 6 3/8”H Provenance: Ex-private Magan collection, Jersey City, NJ.
9. Han Dynasty Portable Bronze Oven- Arthur Sackler collection Christie’s
10. Large Antique Imperial Russian Silver Cigar Box. Hallmarked for silver and for maker. 2 ¼” X 9” X 4 ½”.
11. Grouping of Kaws (very famous Graffiti Artist) Figures
12. Adriaen van Ostade oil on board Dutch Master. Exhibited 1951 “State Fair of Texas” “Four Centuries of European Painting” assembled by “Dallas Museum of Fine Arts”. Comes with original brochure from the State Fair of Texas.
13. George Luks Cartoon like drawing Estate of Rochelle Sepenuk
14. Robert Henri drawing Estate of Rochelle Sepenuk
15. Degas print Estate of Rochelle Sepenuk (possibly hand signed).
16. Hiro Yamagata Oil on Canvas 1977
17. Chagall Poster Galerie Maeght
18. Large Yellow Vase period unknown
19. Mary Cassatt lithograph “Sara Wearing Her Bonnet and Coat”
20. 19###sup/sup### Century ornate mirror Large Estate of Rochelle Sepenuk. Slight damage.
21. Clinique Cheron large poster reprint Estate of Rochelle Sepenuk. This is a reprint.
22. Clinique Cheron handmade handbag out of cigar box Estate of Rochelle Sepenuk
23. Drinking man- 18###sup/sup###/19###sup/sup### century folk art/trade stimulator. Estate of Rochelle Sepenuk.
24. Free Humanity (Graffiti Artist)- Large Monsanto Oil on Canvas.
25. Free Humanity (Graffiti Artist)- Hearts on board.
26. Free Humanity (Graffiti Artist)- Audrey Hepburn “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other”
27. Free Humanity (Graffiti Artist)- “Humanity Spray- It’s easier than you think” (2 pieces).
28. Free Humanity (Graffiti Artist)- Star Wars, “Wars Not Make One Great”
29. Free Humanity (Graffiti Artist)- Girl with camera on small board.
30. Free Humanity (Graffiti Artist)- Girl with shawl “Peace”
31. Thomas Araya, Diver
32. Ivan Jensen- Colorful 2 faces
33. Ceramic Bird (modern- Harry Potter?) Estate of Rochelle Sepenuk.