Dates & Times (US/Eastern)Bidding ends:
Terms & Conditions
Paul McInnis LLC – TERMS & CONDITIONS
The property listed and described in this auction will be offered under the following terms and conditions of sale, such terms and conditions of sale and descriptions of items may be amended, updated or altered at the time and place of sale. These terms and conditions of sale and any announcements shall be binding on any bidder or attendee (hereinafter referred to as registered bidder, buyer or attendee), whether present, represented by an agent, any absentee and/or Internet bidders. Bidders are bound by these terms and conditions of sale and the bidder registration form, which is incorporated in and made a part hereof. This auction is being conducted by Paul McInnis LLC, Auctioneer (hereinafter referred to as PMLLC, Auction Company or Auctioneer).
1. ONLINE REGISTRATION – Online registration requires a bidder to place a credit card on file.
2. VENUE – This auction is being conducted by way of an online-only, timed auction event to begin on December 1st, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. EST. Bidding will begin to close on Thursday, December 10th, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. EST.
3. LOCATION OF THE COLLECTION: 521 Washington Hill Road, Chocorua, New Hampshire
4. INSPECTION –For Registered Bidders Only on Monday, December 7th from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. on location at 521 Washington Hill Road, Chocorua, New Hampshire. From Route 16, take Route 113 East to Washington Hill Road. Mask and Social Distancing Required.
5. ABOUT THE COLLECTION – We have been commissioned to sell the remaining contents of the John Moir Estate. John was an avid enthusiast of vintage automobiles, and this auction has many items of related interest. If you have questions regarding items in the auction please send an email to: email@example.com and provide the lot number and any related question(s), as well as a call-back phone number.
6. TIMED AUCTION EXTENDED BIDDING – A timed auction event refers to the opening and ending time for placing bids. Please note, any time a bid is placed within two minutes of that lot ending, the bid time window will reset to close in two minutes. For example, if lot 1 is scheduled to close at 11:00 and someone places at bid at 10:59:30 the end time will change from 11:00 to 11:01:30. If a bid is placed during that additional two-minute window, it will be extended again, and so on. This is done to prevent bid “sniping.” This process can go on indefinitely. This means that the last lot may take as much as an hour or longer to close after the scheduled end time, depending on the activity from the bidders.
7. BUYER’S PREMIUM – 20% (Twenty percent) Buyer’s Premium added to the high bid price to become the total purchase price.
8. PAYMENT TERMS – Payment in full must be made at the time of pickup by cash, or cashier’s check. MasterCard and Visa credit cards accepted with a card present at time of pickup.
9. SALES TAX – There is no sales tax in the State of New Hampshire. It shall be the buyers’ responsibility to pay all taxes applicable in their home state or country. Buyers will take delivery in New Hampshire, no exceptions.
10. REMOVAL OF PROPERTY – None of the property may be removed from the premises until the total purchase price has been paid. All property is to be removed, at buyer’s expense, on Saturday, December 12th from 8:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. There are no exceptions to this removal date. The auction company assumes no responsibility for acts or omissions for such handling including, but not limited to, theft, loss, damage, or any transportation, whether at the direction of the buyer or PMLLC. Buyer shall be solely responsible for loading, shipping, or transportation of the buyer’s purchases at buyer’s sole expense.
11. SHIPPING – Paul McInnis LLC will not be responsible for arranging shipping. The UPS Store of North Conway, New Hampshire, has indicated that they would be available for shipping some items. You may contact them via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject Line – Eclectic Estate Auction – Chocorua, NH, or call (603) 356-4881. Buyers must complete a Shipping Request Form (available on our website) indicating a buyer's request for us to turn purchases over to the UPS Store for shipping.
12. “AS-IS” “WHERE-IS” – All property is sold “as-is” and “where-is,” all sales are final and neither PMLLC nor the seller makes any express or implied warranty or representation of any kind or nature with respect to the property being sold. In no event shall PMLLC or the seller be responsible for the correctness of or be deemed to have made any representation or warranty of, merchantability, fitness for purpose, description, size, genuineness, year of manufacture, attribution, provenance or condition concerning the property, or any warranty that any item complies with any applicable federal or state laws. No statement set forth in the brochure and catalog, or made at the sale, or in the bill of sale or invoice or elsewhere, whether oral or written, shall be deemed such a warranty or representation or an assumption of liability. PMLLC makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the descriptions or representations as listed in the catalogue listing or of the mileage and/or odometer readings or serial, body or chassis numbers. PMLLC acts exclusively as the agent of the seller. All bidders acknowledge that PMLLC is under no obligation to verify the accuracy of any information provided; furthermore, all bidders represent that they have conducted their own inspection and due diligence. Auction subject to errors, omissions and withdrawals. It is the buyer’s responsibility to inspect all lots prior to bidding to ensure that the condition is to their satisfaction. All goods are sold “As-Is” and “Without Recourse.” Please satisfy yourself as to the condition of the item before bidding.
13. BIDDING INCREMENTS – Paul McInnis LLC reserves the right to change bid increments at any time prior to or during the auction.
14. DISPUTE BETWEEN BIDDERS – If any dispute arises among bidders, the Auctioneer may decide the same or may immediately put the lot or item up for sale again and resell to the highest bidder. The Auctioneer shall not be liable for missed bids, un-executed absentee bids or Internet bids. In the event of a tie bid between an online bidder and a floor bidder, the floor bidder will take precedence. The decision of the Auctioneer shall be final and absolute.
15. CONFIRMATION OF PURCHASE – Title to the property shall pass to the Buyer upon the Auctioneer’s declaration as “Sold” or if the high bid is confirmed acceptable to the Seller, subject to the compliance by the Buyer of the terms of sale. Buyer assumes all responsibility for the item or items and shall pay the total purchase price. All sales are final, subject only to these terms and conditions. Buyer assumes all risk of loss whether by damage, theft, fire, etc. from the time the hammer falls or they become the high bidder.
16. ERRORS – Auction subject to errors, omissions and withdrawals. PMLLC reserves the right to refuse to register any person for any reason in the sole discretion of PMLLC.
17. RESERVATION – The Trustee reserves the right, without giving any reason, to withdraw any items or lots from the auction and the right to reject any or all bids.
18. RELEASE – Persons attending the inspection, preview, exhibition and/or auction shall assume all risks and/or liabilities and shall specifically release and hold harmless the auctioneer from any liability. Neither the auctioneer nor his principal shall be liable by reason of a defect in, or condition of, the premises on which the inspection, preview, exhibition and/or auction is held. Bidders and all others in attendance at the auction hereby acknowledge that still photography and/or any other visual/audio recording may be in use at the auction. Said photography and/or visual/audio recordings may be used by PMLLC for any purpose at any future date. Bidders and all others in attendance at this auction also hereby waive all residual rights or claims that might arise from use of these pictures for any purpose at any future date.
19. APPLICABLE LAW – This auction is being conducted under the conditions of the Uniform Commercial Code, NH RSA 382A:2-328 titled “Sale by Auction”. The rights and obligations of the agent, seller, and buyer with respect to the terms and conditions of sale shall be governed and interpreted by the laws of the State of New Hampshire. By bidding at the auction, whether present in person, or by agent, by absentee bid, Internet bid or telephone, the buyer shall be deemed to have consented to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Hampshire courts. PMLLC shall have the rights afforded a secured party for any defaults by the buyer. For any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this agreement and/or the auction event, or the breach thereof, any registered bidders and others in attendance agree to arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") under its Commercial Arbitration Rules. Such arbitration to be held in the State of New Hampshire before a single arbitrator by the AAA and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
NOTE: Entry into the preview or auction site constitutes acceptance of the above terms and conditions.
Eclectic Estate Auction – Chocorua, NH
Automobilia, Steam Engine Models, Antiques, Tribal Carvings, Photography Equipment and more
Online-Only Auction Bidding Ends on Thursday, December 10th at 2:00 P.M
We have been commissioned to sell the remaining contents of the John Moir Estate. John was an avid enthusiast of vintage automobiles, and this auction has many items of related interest.
Automobilia: Many great brass era lanterns, many NH, MA, CT porcelain license plates, large selection of artwork – prints and posters, tin standard oil tank, Martin & Schwatz gas pump, early rolling oil/gas cart, many headlamps and other car parts, A.C. (Aceca) 100 HP engines, badges and mascots, 50+ automobile scale models, car trunks, advertising signs, carbide generator, etc.
Steam Engines and Mechanical Models: Case steam traction engine, 1 ½ gauge locomotive & tender, 2 ½ gauge coal-fired locomotive and tender, several model steam engines, Rider-Ericsson hot-air engine, horizontal steam engine, full size vertical steam launch boiler, rare Clarke “Troller” outboard motor, steam gauges and whistles, etc.
Photography: Several lots of cameras, lenses, movie cameras, underwater diving cases and lights including Bolex, Nikon, Canon, Graphex and Hasselblad
Furnishings: Queen Anne highboy, tavern table, Victorian pole screen, pair of 4 post beds, early pine wing chair, early ladder back armchairs, display cases and more
Other Items of Interest: French, German, US WWII Helmets, 2 Mount Cranmore ski-mobile cars, lot of early LP album sets, old skis, several African tribal carvings, large library of books, ship models, flax wheels and more
Trailers – Tools: (2) utility trailers, Troy-built chipper, Cyclone rake, Craftsman tool chest, car ramps, ATV ramps, 2-man power saw, electric golf cart, (2) Rokon trail bikes and much more
ONLINE REGISTRATION – Online registration requires a bidder to place a credit card on file
VENUE – This auction is being conducted by way of an online-only, timed auction event to begin on December 1, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. EST. Bidding will begin to close on Thursday, December 10, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. EST.
INSPECTION – Monday, December 7th 10:00 am – 2:00 pm on location at 521 Washington Hill Road, Chocorua, New Hampshire. From Route 16 take Route 113 East to Washington Hill Road. Mask and Social Distancing Required.
BUYER’S PREMIUM – 20% (Twenty percent) buyer’s premium added to the high bid price to become the total purchase price.
REMOVAL – All purchases must be picked up on Saturday, December 12th from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The sale you are looking at occurred in the past. Try browsing other sales near Chocorua, NH
- Estate sale photos
- View All
- Photos 1 - 20 of 113 photos