See toward end of estate sale description copy
Banks closed, Post Office closed, 30 below & we're OPEN for Estatesalers (Friday to be warmer)Harley Martin lived to vibrant age 97, his profession was automotive & auto detailing & a barber shop quartet competitor. He had 2 happy marriages outliving 2 wives, Isabel who worked at Valparaiso University & 1st wife teacher Joan Martin for whom Hobart's Joan Martin Elementary school is named after. Harley lived in this home since it was built in 1954, so imagine life's accumulation of interesting items during this time.
- 2 Cars (as is) - 90 Oldsmobile V54 body style 4S, VIN# 1G3CV54C3L4319082
- 85 Chevy Celebrity W`9 body style 4H, VIN# 2G1AW19R1F1104920 - both vehicles have good titles & keys, cars have sat in place for some time & batteries removed, running condition unknown
- 2 Sets of wood tables & wood chairs, 1 is drop leaf Willett brand
- Hutch, wood, Willett brand, matches one of above tables
- 2 Sofas
- Hide-a-Bed long blue
- Rocking chairs, wood
- Accent tables, wood
- Bookcase, wood
- Round table quarter sawn oak w/claw feet
- Singer treadle sewing machine in cabinet w/drawers
- Lamps, Bar lamp
- Books, ephemera
- Floor rug oval, large braided
- Bar stools
- Lots of collectible smalls
- 700+ (Over SEVEN-Hundred) Vinyl records, albums mostly 33 1/3rds, some 78's
- over 100 albums barber shop related, national competitor winner albums 1957 & on
- Music genres cover Varsity Glee Club Purdue University, organ, symphonic, orchestra, Carpenters, Barbra Streisand, older musicals, Carol Channing Hello Dolly, Pete Fountain, Dixieland, Bluegrass, banjo, Count Basie, Herman's Hermits, Shirley Bassey, Time Life Swing era sets, Ann Murray, Ink Spots religious, other genres, a lot of deep groove albums
- Electronics, amps, flat screen TV
- Refrigerator, gas stove
- Tools & garage items in 2-car garage
- Craftsman tool chest, filled with USA made tools
- Bumpers, hub caps
- Tasty Surprises & More, ...
- Park in Family Video/Marco's Pizza lot's south side, zero parking at home, walk north down alley or sidewalk to the Martin home next door
Estate Tag Sale, where you come inside heated home, browse, shop and buy at your leisure. Diana's photo look trademark Benjamin Franklin 6 inch paper bill is for size comparison only, it isn't the price.
Estates, Appraisals & Auctions by Diana Cook, 35 years experience in this business: * Estate (tag) Sale Management * Auction Management * Business & Commercial Auctions & Appraisals * Home & Estate Clean Outs & Cash Buy Outs * * Paying Cash for Antiques Today * * Written Appraisal & Inventory Reports for: * -- Estate Taxes, federal or state -- Insurance Replacement Needs -- Moving Insurance -- Family/Heir Division Values -- Donation Value -- Divorce Settlement -- Bankruptcy
Payment TERMS: CASH, Pre-Approved Good Check (call at least 3 days prior to sale start for check approval), Credit or debit Card w/3% process fee. We don't open early. A sign-up entry order call off list, is placed in the front entrance driveway or sidewalk by 9 a.m. opening day Thursday. It's usually on a lawn chair inside a plastic bag. No warranties or guarantees. You must rely on your own personal inspection. Not responsible for accidents or injury. Always watch your step & your head. We don't carry. Bring your own competent labor who will carefully move items out of the home and off the property. Removal on sale day. Make sure to watch when moving items that floors aren't scratched and keep distance from walls so they're not touched. Please respect neighbors & not block mail boxes or driveways, or park so far off road to ruffle or rut neighbor's grass. Please don't flip cigarette butts in yard, street, driveway or really anywhere, only in receptacle.
To get on our Early Bird Email notice list with detailed advanced information on future Estate Sales, Email above and in subject line type "Add Me to List." ( This doesn't mean writing someone's name on entry order sheet- that's your activity to write down your name on my list that I personally put out.)
For Email additions and changes Email above and in subject line type: Estate Notice List. We do not share your Email address with others. When your Email changes give both your old address and new address. IF you are not receiving emails from us, double check that the above Email address is not being blocked out by your system, or we sometimes get replies that your "mailbox is full" which means, unfortunately our sale notices don't get through to you.
219-763-3741 Thank You for Browsing, for Buying & Your Business !