Sterling Estate Sales
About Sterling Estate Sales
Why Choose Sterling For Your Estate Sale
1. Getting you the "biggest check" at the end. We achieve this by:
· Setting reasonable prices from the beginning. This means a high percentage of items get sold.
· We have a strong following of regular clients. Our unique signs bring in lots of customers who are just driving in the area.
· For high-value items that do not sell at the sale, we consign them to the largest on-line estate sale company in the country whom we happen to have a very strong working relationship with.
2. Making the whole process as easy and stress-free as possible.
3. Offering full services such as clean-outs at the end of the sale and professional furniture moving to our customers.
4. We are willing to travel outside of the DMV. To date, we have done sales in Baltimore, Annapolis and Fredericksburg.
5. Our minimum expected sale amount is only $5,000 and will consider estates smaller than this.
6. We are known for being highly reputable because
· we do not Pre-sell items at a discount to our associates or ourselves before the sale start
· we do not pay appraisers with your items. Instead, we pay cash out of our portion.
· we do not focus on selling our own merchandise at your sale (also known as "rounding out a sale")*
· no extra or hiding fees. We only take our commission. No extra charges, such as for advertising, staging, buyer's premiums. The one exception is that we do charge for a total house clean-out at the end of the sale, which is at a pre-determined rate so there are no surprises. Our rates for clean-outs are well below the regular costs.
Based out of Gaithersburg, MD
- In-person Estate Sales
- Online Auctions
- Real Estate Sales
- Clean-out Services
*** SATURDAY AND SUNDAY ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC and it's first come first serve! No sign up sheet. All sales are final. No pre-sales. Allowing 30 people in at a time. No large bags or purses. You are responsibl...
WE ARE BACK AGAIN FOR OUR LAST AND FINAL WEEKEND WITH MORE INVENTORY THAN BEFORE. Many truckloads of new stuff, plus some pieces from last weekend as well. *please note these are the photos of what’s left Sunday. Once I have updated photos I will...
This is a huge estate sale for a big, very well known staging company in the area. This sale will consist of over 13+ houses worth of tables, chairs, Plush bedding, patio/outdoor furniture, benches, Shelves, accent tables, nightstands, tons of differ...
Huge Estate Sale in Clarksburg June 25&26th 10am-3pm. Address: 13507 Bennett Chase Court. In the Sale: Bedroom, Living room, and dining room furniture, outdoor rocking chairs, lawn ornaments, bird bath, water fountain, Tv, tons of rugs, train, art, ...
This company has posted a total of 4 estate sales. Only the most recent 3 sales are shown.
We had Sterling Estate Sale do an Estate Sale for us in Bethesda and they were very professional, with a friendlly staff, trustworthy, attentive and had excellent communication with us at all times. They listened to everything we had to say and answered every one of our questions. They take care of everything while you just sit back and get rid of your items. They came over to stage and price my sale with several people , including moving my furniture around and having everything under control and organized. I knew we were in good hands and we felt completely at ease using them. I would recommend them highly and I can't wait to start going to their sales now that I see they are run with such professionalism and honesty.Barbara Allen
Sterling Estate Sales was amazing in handling our estate sale! The employees were all so friendly, and I was so impressed with how they presented all of our items and carried out the sale. From start to finish it was a very easy process and so helpful to us!! I don’t know what I would have done with all that stuff without their help- much needed service for anyone moving/downsizing. I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to do an estate sale.Susie B.
If you're looking for an estate sale company that takes care of everything start to finish, you can't go wrong with Sterling Estate Sales. They're full service and great to work with, such nice people!!Nichole Ford
The entire team is so friendly and professional! Always willing to give a hand. I love going to their sales because of them and the hard work and care you can easily see they put into each sale. Everything is always well organized and priced nicely. I seek out their sales when I am in the shopping mood!Meghan Hawkins
We contacted Sterling Estate Sales when we decided to make a major life-style change. After our first meeting with Scott we knew we were in good hands. Scott and his team did an incredible job of preparing for and managing the sale of all our house hold goods. These folks are quick, thorough, knowledgeable, hard working and totally trustworthy. We could never have done what they did in the time frame they did it. If you're in the market for professionals to help you transition, these are the folks for you. Just pick up the phone and give them a call--I promise you won't be disappointed.Bonnie Brown
Recently used Sterling Estate Sale when I moved states. Professional, organized, top notch estate services company. Thank you for everything. Sierra and her team rock!Madilyn Blake
They handled the million moving pieces that is an estate sale with professionalism, grace, and expertise, and enabled us to focus our time and energy where it belonged--remembering Mom, laughing, crying, and laughing some more.Susan Overton
To be fair, many companies would have handled those million moving pieces professionally, as well. What makes Sterling estate sale stand out forevermore in our minds as the Platonic Ideal for estate sales is that they took care of those million moving pieces with genuine empathy for our loss, complete respect for Mom's home, and an unassailable integrity. They’re staff were very professional and highly knowledgeable. We had ZERO misgivings entering into a contract with them, and have even fewer now that all is complete. =)
That said, no review can really ever do them justice--they're the best! We wish them great success, and highly recommend them to anyone.
Sterling Estate Sale is great! I used their service when I was downsizing from a house to an apartment. The staff is very knowledgeable on a wide range of things and knew about everything from my fathers old WWII gun, and watch collection to my fine & costume jewelry. I’m happy about how the sale went and I feel they priced the items well. Plus they were delightful to work with! Highly recommend.Rebecca Keus
I can't find enough good words to tell you what a fabulous job Sterling Estate Sales did on my mother-in-law's estate sale. He worked tirelessly and was cooperative at every turn. If I am ever in need of doing another sale, there is no question that I would choose them again!Michelle K.
I used Sterling Estate Sales for my moms house and the service was exceptional! Very professional and Scott was very knowledgeable about the antiques my mom had collected. I could not be more pleased with how everything went! Not everything sold at the end of the sale, which is to be expected but I was able to donate it all in one truckload. I would highly recommend this company to everyone!David Miller