Elsie “Lee” Craig, age 81, passed away peacefully on May 25, 2021, at Prisma Health Richland Hospital.
Born March 27, 1940, she was the daughter of the late Elsie and Charles Craig and spent her growing up years in York, SC. She received a BA from Lander University and a MA from Converse College. Upon graduation, she taught English at Camden High School before moving to Clemson University at Sumter in 1970, which subsequently became USC Sumter. She was a full Professor of English at USC Sumter and at one point in her career, served as Chair of the Arts and Letters Division, was a member of the USC Sumter Partnership Board, and an avid USC Sumter fan. Upon her retirement in 1997, Lee was named Distinguished Professor Emerita.
A longtime member of First Presbyterian Church, she served a deacon and elder, was a member of the Chancel Choir and Joy Ringers and was honored with a Life Membership in Presbyterian Women. Lee also served on the Board of Church Women United.
As a Sumter resident of more than 50 years, Lee embraced the Sumter community and served in several civic clubs and organizations.
Anyone who knew Miss Lee would agree that she was one of the kindest, most genteel, humble and loving friends one could ever have. She spent her life caring for and loving others and was a devoted friend to so many.
The Lee” Craig FUNDRAISER Online Auction will begin - Dates & Times (US/Eastern) Bidding Starts: Thursday, September 30, 2021, 7:00AM/ Bidding starts to close: Monday, October 4, 2021 5:00PM
Auction Announcements, Terms, Conditions:
1. All items sold "AS IS, WHERE IS" with no warranty or guarantee.
2. A Buyer's Premium of 6% will be added to the high bid, the total being the purchase price.
3. The credit/debit card in your profile will be charged at the conclusion of the auction. Please check your profile now and be sure that your information is current and up to date. If paying with check or cash, you will be invoiced and must pay no later than at pick-up date and time (see pick-up details).
4. Beginning at 5:00 pm on Monday, October 4, 2021, lots will CLOSE each minute; individual lots that receive a bid in the final few minutes MAY have bidding extended.
5. Preview dates & times are: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2021, 2pm to 5pm - by APPOINTMENT ONLY (to schedule, contact 803-406-2177). Please note that we will be practicing social distancing at preview and will restrict the number of bidders allowed in at any one time. We ask that you wear a mask.
6. Successful bidders may PICK UP their purchases by- FRIDAY OCTOBER 8th, 1pm to 6pm or SATURDAY OCTOBER 9th, 9am to 1pm (Historic District Sumter SC - (see location address). Successful bidders must pick up onsite during posted hours. If you can't, please do not bid! These are the only times available for pickup! Local pick up only! We are under time constraints to have all items moved and thank you in advance for picking up your items on time! If you require shipping, please have “your” shipper pick up during these scheduled times. You are responsible for removal and loading of your purchases. Bring whatever packing materials, tools, and labor you will need to move and load your items! Please note that we will be practicing social distancing at preview and will restrict the number of bidders allowed in at any one time. We ask that you wear a mask.
Use of this online auction site is subject to the terms and conditions contained herein. Terms announced on individual auction pages will be in addition to the following terms and conditions. In using this site, you accept without limitation the terms and conditions of the online auction. Auctioneer reserves the right to edit the terms and conditions of this agreement, and it is the buyer's responsibility to review any changes prior to use of the site. In using this site, you agree in advance to accept such revisions/changes.
All property is sold in 'AS IS' and 'WHERE IS' condition. ALL SALES ARE FINAL! Bidder understands and agrees that no refunds, exchanges, adjustments, charge backs, etc. will be allowed. Property is available for inspection at specified appointment times, and it is the bidder's responsibility to determine condition. Bidder's failure to inspect any item or lot will not constitute grounds for any claim, refund, adjustment, charge back, etc.
All description information has been gathered from sources which we believe to be correct with respect to condition, authenticity, provenance, source, suitability for a particular purpose, etc. Auctioneer reserves the right to change, modify, delete any item or lot or description in the auction as may be necessary.
A Buyer’s Premium will be added to the high bid of each item. The sum of the high bid amount plus the buyer's premium will be the sales price.
Sales tax, when applicable, will be added to the sales price at the appropriate rate.
A credit card is required to register. This is for verification only, and no charge will be made at registration. At the conclusion of the auction, the credit card on file will be charged unless method of payment requested is cash or local check. In all instances, buyer must make full payment prior to removal of buyer's purchases. A receipt will be furnished to the buyer.
All purchased items must be removed by the buyer during the specified time. Any items that are not removed during the time allotted may, at Auctioneer's discretion, be discarded or resold with proceeds going to the LEE CRAIG ESTATE. Affiche Services DOES NOT provide transportation or loading services. Any and all logistics of removal, including moving, packaging, loading, transportation, etc. are the sole responsibility of the buyer. Auctioneer is not and will not be held responsible for accidents or injuries that occur during the inspection or removal of items.
Auctioneer will not be responsible for errors or omissions caused by an interruption of internet or telephone service. Bidder acknowledges that the auction is being conducted electronically and hardware or software may malfunction without warning. Auctioneer, in his sole discretion, may void any sale, suspend bidding, or re-sell items that were affected by any malfunction. Decisions made by Auctioneer are final. Bidder is responsible for any bids place under his bidding number and password. When you place a bid, you have entered a binding contract between yourself and AFFICHE Services/ C/O LEE CRAIG Estate. Once you become the winning bidder, you are obligated to buy the item at the price indicated and in accordance with these terms and conditions. Placing a bid on this site, winning, and then not paying for the item is illegal and can result in prosecution. Auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bidder or bids at his sole discretion.
During an online auction, extended bidding MAY be given to items that have bids placed on them within several minutes of the close of the item. This is to allow fair time for all bidders to respond to a change in the bidding before time expires. Additionally, items may have staggered ending times
Thank you so much for supporting this fundraiser for our dear friend Lee Craig. Proceeds from the sale of items on auction will be paid over to The E. Lee Craig Revocable Trust, to be distributed as designated in the Trust by Lee Craig to the following six 501c(3) charitable organizations: • First Presbyterian Church in Sumter, South Carolina • First Baptist Church in York, South Carolina • Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) in Sumter, South Carolina • United Ministries of Sumter • Friends of the Sumter County Library in Sumter, South Carolina • Sumter Partnership of the USC Educational Foundation
To make a monetary donation to the E. Lee Craig Estate FUNDRAISER, please go to Go fund me at : https://gofund.me/2a40c772 (cut and paste or copy).
or mail checks to: E. Lee Craig Estate C/O Annette Doyle, 28 Park Avenue, Sumter SC 29150.
Additional information and or questions please call: Affiche Services 803-218-9241, Annette Doyle 803-316-6041 or Cleo Klopfleisch 803-406-2177.
Powered by Affiche Advertising & Photography Sumter SC