High level, detailed wood carvings of nature scenes, Furniture, artwork, antiques, collectible smalls, retro items, household supplies, Tasty Surprises & More, in a prestigious neighborhood overlooking St. Joseph River, Photos & Item Listing Details Coming,
The Holzshuh's built this home in 1957, then cornfields, today Elkhart's prestigious upscale "Greenleaf Boulevard" neighborhood overlooks St. Joseph River. Expect tasty collectibles that accumulate over 60+ years
· Living room furniture, retro "I Love Lucy" TV look sofa re-upholstered by Larry's Upholstering, Goshen
· Solid wood furniture hand crafted by Willi Holzshuh
· Several detailed wood carvings wildlife scenes by Willi Holzshuh signed 1960 to 1990's,
· Bedroom furniture, superior dovetail drawer construction, dressers, chest of drawers, night stands, Dixie brand
· Large wood hand crafted cabinet
· Desk, wood
· Round kitchen table, 4 chairs
· Antique furniture accent pieces, old lamps
· Several WH signed wood carvings, Diana Cook signature photo trademark the $100 bill 6 inches is for size comparison only, it isn't the price
· Artwork WH signed, mixed mediums, other
· Other artwork, oil on canvas signed, prints
· Floor rugs, incl. 9 x 12 Kathy Ireland Home by Nourison
* 2 Electric lift chairs, recliners
· Cameras, 35 mm
· Console stereo, Packard Bell Select State model # RPC45B w/Garrard turntable, record player
· Vinyl records 33 1/3rd, 200+
· White curtain lace front picture window, approx. 12' long one-piece, floor to nearly ceiling
· Vintage green fabric chair, Rowe brand
· Mid century modern lamps, ceiling lamp & hanging lamp, antique lamp
· Pottery item
· Red oil lamps
· Current tall washer, dryer
· Electric stove
· Freezer, chrome refrigerator
· Garage items
· Basement items, plenty of
Medical adaptive equipment
· Patio furniture set
· Religious yard statues
Kimball grand piano, 9 ft.
· Tasty Surprises & More, ...
About the artist - Elkhart, Indiana Willi Holzshuh - Yugoslavian born, as a teenager in 1930's he studied at art school in Vienna or Düsseldorf. Mr. Holzshuh learned all art forms, but his favorite was wood carving. WWII came when he was forcibly drafted into the German army, served as German tank commander on German/Russian front. Next captured at the Battle of Stalingrad, put into Russian prison camp. Part of his survival was whittling whatever scraps he could find, trading his little art carvings with Russian guards for food. He escaped prison, walked across Russia to a refugee camp where other members of his family were and met his future wife Maria. Willi continued artistic carvings, that caught the eye of an American general from Texas who bought his carvings and connected him to people in the U.S. who could be legal immigration sponsors. By boat this couple, Willi & Maria arrived in New York Harbor February 14, 1956, what a love story. "The Heeters" in Elkhart were their sponsors. Willi's life career was a highly skilled machine engineer, tool & die man. Locally, for many years he won art awards with the The Four Arts Club. He privately sold his detailed wood carvings, some pieces fetching $45,000. each. His surviving widow Maria, lived to the vibrant age of 92 in their one and only family home along St. Joe River.
Their home provides a unique opportunity for you to view, inspect and buy Holzshuh's carvings that truly belong in a museum.
This home is For Sale by direct private sale.
Hello Elkhart County, Estates & Auctions by Diana Cook, we bring to you 35+ years experience in estate liquidation.
Payment TERMS: CASH, Pre-Approved Good Check (call at least 3 days prior to sale start for check approval), Credit Card w/3% process fee. We don't open early. A sign-up entry order call off list, is placed in the front entrance driveway or sidewalk by 9:30 a.m. EST opening day Friday. It's usually on a lawn chair inside a plastic bag. No warranties or guarantees. You must rely on your own personal inspection. Not responsible for accidents or injury. Always watch your step & your head. We don't carry. Bring your own labor who will carefully move items out of the home and off the property. Make sure to watch when moving items that floors aren't scratched and keep distance from walls so they're not touched. Lift furniture straight up, don't slide on these beautiful wood floors. Everything must be paid for and removed on Day of Sale. Please respect neighbors & not block mail boxes or driveways, or park so far off road to ruffle or rut neighbor's grass. Many homes have underground sprinkling systems, so stay on street pavement. Please don't flip cigarette butts in yard, street, driveway or really anywhere, only in receptacle.
Park on one side of street only, the north side, same side the home is located. Elkhart's on fast time, eastern time zone
Estate Tag Sale, where you come inside heated home, browse, shop and buy at your leisure.
Estates, Appraisals & Auctions by Diana Cook:
* Estate (tag) Sale Management
* Auction Management
* Business & Commercial Auctions & Appraisals
* Home & Estate Clean Outs & Cash Buy Outs *
* Paying Cash for Antiques Today *
* Written Appraisal & Inventory Reports for: *
-- Estate Taxes, federal or state
-- Insurance Replacement Needs
-- Moving Insurance
-- Family/Heir Division Values
-- Donation Value
-- Divorce Settlement
Let us clear out the home so it looks Best for real estate sale. Don’t Lift a finger.
To get on our Early Bird Email notice list with detailed advanced information on future Estate Sales, Email above and in subject line type "Add Me to List." ( This doesn't mean writing someone's name on entry order sheet- that's your activity to write down your name on my list that I personally put out.)
For Email additions and changes Email above and in subject line type: Estate Notice List. We do not share your Email address with others. When your Email changes give both your old address and new address. IF you are not receiving emails from us, double check that the above Email address is not being blocked out by your system, or we sometimes get replies that your "mailbox is full" which means, unfortunately our sale notices don't get through to you.
219-763-3741 Thank You for Browsing, for Buying & Your Business !