AN ARTIST-PHOTOGRAPHER-COLLECTOR-MECHANIC’S ESTATE SALE
Here is a copy of a published article concerning Jon Nalon:
“The retrofitted and reincarnated artifacts in this display represent the ingenious artistry and technical accomplishments of professional photographer, Jon Nalon of Tallahassee. Widely known in our art community, Jon discovered an unusual hobby, which has developed into a uniquely creative art form as seen in these nostalgic, everyday objects.
This all began several years ago when Jon purchased his first home. Without a lot of reserve left for furnishings, he began haunting the popular Saturday morning garage sale market to also discover familiar household objects that were even more intriguing than the furniture he was seeking. Things that he remembered from childhood that recalled a time when these sturdily-made articles and appliances that were more utilitarian, and made of materials designed to last longer than the ones of today’s disposable society.
In his appreciation for design styling and technology typical of both pre-war and post-war articles, Jon sets out to give these resurrected objects still another life, not merely in restoration, but oftentimes also, in new applications and functions such as ambient lighting devices and other lighthearted accessories. What a nice reprieve for these articles and a good alternative to junk heaps and land fills. We think this is recycling and retrofitting at its best.
Thank you, Jon Nalon.”
This eclectic collection of photographic equipment, antiques, treasures, and collectibles is undoubtedly the most unusual grouping we have ever had the pleasure of handling as an estate sale company.
· A huge collection of cameras, zoom lenses, wide angle lenses, telephoto lenses, many, many tridpods, lighting equipment and photographic printing equipment. You could stock several camera stores with the amount of really quality items available. Not to mention a lot of these photographic items are antiques or have great collectible value.
· A large collection of Jon Nalon’s creations which range from exotic lamps created from vacuum cleaners to lava lamps. You truly have to see this to believe it.
· A vast collection of pristine magazine from the 1930’s to present … Time 1947 and 1948, Popular Mechanics 1928 and forward, Popular Science Magazine 1928-1959, Science and Mechanics Magazine 1938-1956 all preserved in plastic sleeves and sorted by year of publication. An ebayer or amazon seller’s treasure chest for sure.
· Large collection of percolators, coffee posts, and toasters from past generations worthy of the name “antique” and most in fantastic condition and still working.
· Several paintings and pictures of collectible value and condition.
There is not enough space here to properly describe all of the contents of this amazing estate collection although the 297 pictures I have taken and included should help some …. You will just have to come and see for yourself … I promise you will not be disappointed .