View our walkthrough video on how to place a bid on an item as a new user or read out step-by-step guide below.
Placing a bid on an item in our online auctions is a straightforward process. The very first time you bid, you’ll be guided through the process of creating an account on EstateSales.org and will also need to confirm your email address, so that both EstateSales.org as well as the seller of the item can reach you with critical information relating to your bids and won items. Follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- Navigate to the item page that you wish to place a bid on.
- Click the “Sign In Or Register To Bid” button
- On the following page, click the “Create An Account” button underneath the “Register To Bid” section. (NOTE: If you know you already have an existing account on EstateSales.org, sign in with your existing account email and password and you will be taken back to the item page where you can place a bid.)
- Fill out the registration form with your name, email, phone, zip code, and password. Click the checkbox to indicate that you’ve read the EstateSales.org terms of service and select “Next”.
- You will be returned to the item detail page, but will still need to confirm your email address before being able to place a bid. You will now want to check your email inbox for an message from EstateSales.org called “Action Required: Activate your EstateSales.org account”. Open the email and click the button called “Confirm My Email”
- After clicking the confirmation link within your email, you will be returned to the item page from which you came from and should now see a dropdown menu with possible bid amounts and a “Bid” button to the right of the dropdown menu.
- Using the dropdown menu, select the maximum price you are willing to bid for the item and then click the “Bid” button. EstateSales.org automatically bids the lowest amount possible on your behalf to make you the new highest bidder, up to the maximum bid you specified. If other bidders haven’t matched your maximum bid by the end of the bidding period, you may get the item for a lower price.
- You will have one more chance to review your bid as well as read any terms and conditions that the seller may have specified. If the terms and information are all OK, click the “Yes, place this bid” button.
If you have any technical issues or question about registering an account or bidding, please contact us here. If your question is relating to specific items, their condition, or auction terms and conditions, contact the seller of the item. Their phone number is listed at the top of all item detail pages, and there is a contact form listed on all item pages as well which will send the seller an email with your question.