Payment TERMS: CASH, Pre-Approved Good Check (call at least 3 days
prior to sale start for check approval), Credit Card w/3% process fee.
We don't open early. A sign-up entry order call off list, is placed in
the front entrance driveway or sidewalk by 9 a.m. opening day Friday.
It's usually on a lawn chair inside a plastic bag. No warranties or
guarantees. You must rely on your own personal inspection. Not
responsible for accidents or injury. Always watch your step & your
head. We don't carry. Bring your own labor who will carefully move items
out of the home and off the property. Make sure to watch when moving
items that floors aren't scratched and keep distance from walls so
they're not touched. Please respect neighbors & not block mail boxes
or driveways, or park so far off road to ruffle or rut neighbor's
grass. Please don't flip cigarette butts in yard, street, driveway or
really anywhere, only in receptacle. Be prepared - little will be priced, it is a rock & roll estate sale - it's unlikely, you the shopper, leave empty handed.
No need to ask - YES we're open Friday, February 9, 10 am to 6 pm CST - Snow doesn't stop Estates by Diana Cook, wear snow boots and snow pants -Repurpose Furniture, primitives, ephemera, artwork, antiques, collectibles, retro items, household supplies, Tasty Surprises & More, Everett Swanson was a Porter, IN. railroad employee, electrician & loved flowers, he lived in this home 91 years.
Be prepared - little will be priced, it is a rock & roll estate sale - it's unlikely, you the shopper, leave empty handed.
- Several wood chest of drawers, no higher than your waist
- 2 Beds with metal frames, full & twin
- Wood antique drop leave table
- Modern wood kitchen table
- Antique wood bed frame, headboard & footboard
- Wood ladders, painted green old windows, wood boxes, assorted other
- Model railroad N track (no cars), lots of railroad car boxes (empty), railroad yard display items
- Railroad control station
- Penn Central 2' railroad sign, made of composition material, not metal
- TWA, Trans World Airlines toy airplane
- Old time radio tube type, wood cabinet, floor type
- Vinyl records, LPs
- Ephemera - newspapers, books, magazines
- Singer treadle sewing machine (as is)
- Car radios
- Coke & Diet Rite Bottles
- Men's Clothes
- Dress suits from Valparaiso Lowensteins & other men's clothing shops
- Yard & Garden supplies, fertilizers & other grow stuff in bags
- Pine cones, clean & dry, assorted sizes, craft project anyone?
- Mid Century Modern, chrome frame display case U.S.A. made commercial grade, measures 6'2" L x 1' 8"D x 3' 4 1/2"T (includes 8" for 4 chrome legs), has 4 glass shelves, back doors slide, electrical connection for lighting, tag says Streater Store Fixtures, Spring Park, Minn.
- Piano, wood upright Cable-Nelson brand, off-site at another Chesterton estate home location, very close by
- Antiques, collectibles
- Tasty Surprises & More, ...
Dress for weather, the home is heated. But there's 2 garages and a 3rd outbuilding that aren't heated. This won't be tidy, diggers enjoy! Really, really watch your STEP inside and out. If the lawn and land is snow covered Friday, there are walnuts hidden underneath. Large 2-story home and buildings on nearly 2 acres of land. Be prepared for steps, most items inside home are up or down, 14 steps to 2nd floor. NO restroom facility at this one folks, sorry.
Estate Tag Sale, where you come inside heated home, browse, shop and buy at your leisure.
Watch for Upcoming Estate Sales in Valparaiso & Hammond
Let Us get the Estate Home cleared out To-the-Walls so the home looks Best for real estate sale. Don’t Lift a finger.
To get on our Early Bird Email notice list with detailed advanced information on future Estate Sales, Email above and in subject line type "Add Me to List." ( This doesn't mean writing someone's name on entry order sheet- that's your activity to write down your name on my list that I personally put out.)
For Email additions and changes Email above and in subject line type: Estate Notice List. We do not share your Email address with others. When your Email changes give both your old address and new address. IF you are not receiving emails from us, double check that the above Email address is not being blocked out by your system, or we sometimes get replies that your "mailbox is full" which means, unfortunately our sale notices don't get through to you.
Estates, Appraisals & Auctions by Diana Cook:
-- Bankruptcy -- Divorce Settlement -- Donation Value -- Family/Heir Division Values -- Moving Insurance -- Insurance Replacement Needs -- Estate Taxes, federal or state * Written Appraisal & Inventory Reports for: * * Paying Cash for Antiques Today * * Home & Estate Clean Outs & Cash Buy Outs * * Business & Commercial Auctions & Appraisals * Auction Management * Estate (tag) Sale Management 219-763-3741 Thank You for Browsing, for Buying & Your Business !