Authored by Daniel Sanders from Four Sales Ltd - Jun 20, 2012
Clutter is a burden in many homes across the US because we are both a consumer culture and a mobile culture. Reducing clutter can also reduce stress, increase productivity and improve your quality of life.
Here are 5 easy steps to getting the clutter under control.
1. Find where the clutter is hiding and tackle the biggest problem area first.
2. Determine what is truly important versus what is just stuff. (We recommend an emotional litmus test that determines who, what, when and where plus the emotional charge of a positive memory. No emotional charge – then it’s just stuff!)
3. Just like the TV show – sift through all of the things and make three piles; keep, toss and sell.
4. Here comes the hard part – go through the initial keep pile with a goal of reducing it by half. To do that, you will need to reapply the litmus test and decide what’s really important to you.
5. Sell the things that are of no use to you and move on with a cleaner looking home and a more clutter-free life!!
Got a house full of items to sell? The Four Sales team is here to help with the process.
Article viewed 255 times.